The Information Technology Professionals (ITP) Forum is an independent University of Utah group governed by an elected Board of Directors. ITP members meet monthly to discuss IT concerns shared among University colleges, departments, and organizations.
Anyone who works with IT at the University of Utah is welcome to be part of the community, attend monthly meetings and other events, run for a Board of Directors position, subscribe to the ITP email list, participate in the Reddit forum, and/or join the ITP folder in Box.
Building a community of IT professionals.
Provide an environment that fosters communication and cooperation among the members of the University IT community and an opportunity to learn and improve skills.
IT Professionals Board of Directors, 2018-2019
The IT Professionals Board consists of 6 elected members. Elections are held each April. Board terms are 2 years. Board members have certain responsibilities.
- Steve Harper - ITP Board President; Center for High Performance Computing (Presidential term ends 2020; Board term ends 2020)
- Heather Bennett - Utah Poison Control Center (term ends 2019)
- Holly Christmas - College of Fine Arts (term ends 2020)
- Dan Clawson - Department of Family and Preventive Medicine (term ends 2020)
- Doug Ressler - College of Engineering (term ends 2019)
- Angel Warkentin - Marriott Library (term ends 2019)
UIT liaison to the Board: Cassandra Van Buren, Office of the CIO (ex officio)
IT Professionals meet on the first Wednesday of each month, except July and January, at 12:00 pm. The meeting is held in the Gould Auditorium in the Marriott Library unless advised otherwise.
IT Professional Resources
IT Training Resources
- U Office of Software Licensing training resources
- Professional Education through Continuing Ed & Community Engagement
- Online training through testout.com (not affiliated with the U)
- New Horizons computer training (not affiliated with the U
- Themis, Inc. computer training (not affiliated with the U)
- ExecuTrain (not affiliated with the U)