IT Professionals Forum
The Information Technology Professionals (IT Pros) Forum is an independent University of Utah group governed by an elected Board of Directors. IT Pros members meet monthly to discuss IT concerns shared among university colleges, departments, and offices.
Anyone who works with IT at the University of Utah is welcome to be part of the community, attend monthly meetings and other events, run for a Board of Directors position, subscribe to the IT Pros email list, participate in the Reddit forum, and/or join the IT Pros folder in Box.
Building a community of IT professionals.
Provide an environment that fosters communication and cooperation among the members of the university's IT community and an opportunity to learn and improve skills.
IT Professionals Board of Directors, 2021-2022
The IT Professionals Board consists of 6 elected members. Elections are held each April. Board terms are 2 years. Board members have certain responsibilities.
- Ann Brady - Moran Eye Center (term ends 2023)
- Barry Bryson - Utah Education and Telehealth Network (term ends 2023)
- Steve Harper - IT Pros Board President; Center for High Performance Computing (Presidential term ends 2022; Board term ends 2022)
- Jeff Jonsson - Marriott Library (term ends 2023)
- Jon Rusho - Seismograph Stations, College of Mines and Earth Sciences (term ends 2022)
UIT liaison to the Board: Cassandra Van Buren, Office of the CIO (ex officio)
The IT Professionals group meets on the first Wednesday of each month, except July and January, at 12:00 pm. The meeting is held in the Gould Auditorium in the Marriott Library unless advised otherwise.
IT staff resources
IT training resources at the U
Next meeting: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. online. Email list members will receive meeting info via email.
Meeting recording archive - April 2020 and after (Box folder permission required)
IT Pros Teams channel
IT Pros email list (includes discussions and meeting invitations)
Subscribe using subject line SUBSCRIBE IT-PROFESSIONALS
IT Pros meeting invitation email list (does not include discussions)
- Subscribe using subject line SUBSCRIBE IT-PROS-MEETINGS
- Contact the IT Pros Board for access